image info below footnotes*
Do you remember the question George W. Bush attempted to answer on September 20, 2001 as he addressed a joint session of Congress1? — the question: “Why do they hate US?”
This question has been considered several times over the past few years,2 but the most memorable response might be the USian-serving, virtue-puffing, Bush answer. Indeed, his speech, perhaps more than any other, might stand as a witness against the US; even more than the Mike “We lied, We cheated, We stole. …” PompeUS speech at Texas A&M University3 — except Mike and his minions did much more than lie, cheat, and steal. Some day the kill-count will also be revealed. And some day, we USians will understand that hatred of US has nothing to do with our perceived freedoms; but everything to do with our unacknowledged, monolithic hypocrisy — that we puff our chests in exceptionalism while our jackboots kick our way across the world. We fight proxy wars on the lands of other nations while we exploit their every resource and every lackey with our P-3s (Public-Private Partnerships4).
Perhaps Benjamin Franklin envisioned it all after his proposed, exodus-themed seal for the new USA nation was “tabled ” in August 17765 — and as he later wrote to his daughter (January 26, 1784):
“For my own part I wish the Bald Eagle had not been chosen the Representative of our Country. He is a Bird of bad moral Character. He does not get his Living honestly. You may have seen him perched on some dead Tree near the River, where, too lazy to fish for himself, he watches the Labour of the Fishing Hawk; and when that diligent Bird has at length taken a Fish, and is bearing it to his Nest for the Support of his Mate and young Ones, the Bald Eagle pursues him and takes it from him.”6
There has perhaps never been a nation with such privilege and promise whose underbelly has manifest more hypocrisy than this USian nation. Are we the “hypocritical nation” Isaiah warns about and condemns?7
When all secrets are revealed,8 we will know the full, tragic truth — that with all the good we have professed and done — we have also done unfathomable evil, and it does not, under any measure, balance out. There are millions of witnesses and victims of despicable USian history that will leave us without excuse for “seeing not,” “hearing not,”9 condemning not. They do not hate US for our (alleged) freedoms; they love the hope and promise of those freedoms, BUT seeing they see and hearing, they hear the grand hypocrisy of the USian dream that for many of them and their nations, has, too frequently, played out as a nightmare.
They see, too, the great hypocrisy manifesting in the contagions, coercions, and corruptions that now define our social media — how the western nations have begun to live and enforce the culture of lies and liars from which many of them have been trying to escape. And to top off the lies, we are spewing and exporting psychopathic depravity.
It appears that we have become a bald, diseased eagle to the point of no return; and in the inevitability of justice and judgment, we shall reap the whirlwind except we speedily repent and turn back to the values and principles of 1) our founding; 2) our subsequent progression, improvements, and corrections; and 3) to a conviction and understanding “that principle of freedom in maintaining rights and privileges, belongs to all mankind.”10
1. President George W. Bush’s address to a joint session of Congress following 9/11 – Sept. 20, 2001 (PBS NewsHour | see min. 14:50 at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZF7cPvaKFXM
2. ▪ Why Do They Hate America(ns)? by Saskia Glas and Niels Spierings September 22, 2020 at https://blogs.lse.ac.uk/mec/2020/09/22/why-do-they-hate-americans/
▪ Why Do They Hate Us? A 20-Year Update Sept 11, 2021
▪ Why Do They Hate Us? Race, Christian nationalism, and white Evangelical alienation from America. By David French Dec 20, 2020 | https://thedispatch.com/newsletter/frenchpress/why-do-they-hate-us/
▪ ‘Why do they hate us?’ Alvin Powell Harvard Staff Writer | September 9, 2011 |
▪ ‘Why do they hate us?’ By Peter Ford Staff writer of The Christian Science Monitor | September 27, 2001 at https://www.csmonitor.com/2001/0927/p1s1-wogi.html
“I think they hate us because of what we do, and it seems to contradict who we say we are,” says Bruce Lawrence, a professor of religion at Duke University, referring to people in the Middle East. “The major issue that our policy seems to contradict our own basic values.”
3. To hear the whole answer to the last question, go to minute 28:22 of the full Q&A:
“Secretary Pompeo Participates in Q&A Discussion at Texas A&M University” (U.S. Department of State, Time: 32:31) at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6wbfjspVww
See also: https://dejavu-times.blogspot.com/2020/01/lost-soul-of-america.html OR shortened versions
Ex-CIA director Pompeo: ‘We lied, we cheated, we stole’ (GrayZone: April 24, 2019; 0:26 from Q&A at Texas A&M University) at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPt-zXn05ac
(also Secretary Pompeo:”Lying, Cheating, & Stealing reminds you of the glory of the American experiment” (10Beads: Time: 0:1:50) at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xE9zczFARuM
6. https://todayinconservation.com/2018/01/january-26-benjamin-franklin-disses-the-bald-eagle-1784/ (Bold emphasis added.)
▪ How Did the Bald Eagle Become America’s National Bird? The predatory bird was introduced in early designs for a national seal (despite Ben Franklin’s misgivings). By Elizabeth Nix | updated: Sep 30, 2021, Ooriginal: Feb 25, 2015 | https://www.history.com/news/how-did-the-bald-eagle-become-americas-national-bird
7. Old Testament | Isaiah 10:1-7
1 WOE unto them that decree unrighteous decrees, and that write grievousness which they have prescribed;
2 To turn aside the needy from judgment, and to take away the right from the poor of my people, that widows may be their prey, and that they may rob the fatherless!
3 And what will ye do in the day of visitation, and in the desolation which shall come from far? to whom will ye flee for help? and where will ye leave your glory?
4 Without me they shall bow down under the prisoners, and they shall fall under the slain. For all this his anger is not turned away, but his hand is stretched out still.
5 ¶ O Assyrian, the rod of mine anger, and the staff in their hand is mine indignation.
6 I will send him against an hypocritical nation, and against the people of my wrath will I give him a charge, to take the spoil, and to take the prey, and to tread them down like the mire of the streets.
7 Howbeit he meaneth not so, neither doth his heart think so; but it is in his heart to destroy and cut off nations not a few.
8. New Testament | Luke 8:17; Mark 4:22
17 For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither any thing hid, that shall not be known and come abroad.
Book of Mormon | 2 Nephi 30:16-17
16 Wherefore, the things of all nations shall be made known; yea, all things shall be made known unto the children of men.
17 There is nothing which is secret save it shall be revealed; there is no work of darkness save it shall be made manifest in the light; and there is nothing which is sealed upon the earth save it shall be loosed.
9. Just a few examples from hundreds:
▪ Gladio, Nato’s Dagger at the Heart of Europe: The Pentagon-Nazi-Mafia Terror Axis by Richard Cottrell (2015)
▪ Cocaine Politics: Drugs, Armies, and the CIA in Central America, Updated Edition by Peter Dale Scott and Jonathan Marshall (2017)
▪ The Devil’s Chessboard: Allen Dulles, the CIA, and the Rise of America’s Secret Government by David Talbot (2015)
▪ The CIA as Organized Crime: How Illegal Operations Corrupt America and the World by Douglas Valentine (2016)
▪ The Smear: How Shady Political Operatives and Fake News Control What You See, What You Think, and How You Vote by Sharyl Attkisson (2017)
▪ Classified Woman-The Sibel Edmonds Story: A Memoir by Sibel D Edmonds (2012)
▪ Operation Paperclip: The Secret Intelligence Program that Brought Nazi Scientists to America by Annie Jacobsen (2014)
▪ or the myriad other whistle-blowers and witnesses who are being denied, suppressed, stonewalled, smeared, or eliminated.
or read these sample posts:
▪ https://dejavu-times.blogspot.com/2008/05/offering-up-children_06.html (A Hypocritical Nation)
10. Doctrine and Covenants | Section 98:5
5 And that law of the land which is constitutional, supporting that principle of freedom in maintaining rights and privileges, belongs to all mankind, and is justifiable before me.
Page URL: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:American_Eagle_Aircraft_Corporation_Logo_(1929)_1.png
File URL: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:American_Eagle_Aircraft_Corporation_Logo_(1929)_1.png
Attribution: American Eagle Aircraft Corporation, Public domain, via Wikimedia Commons
Author: American Eagle Aircraft Corporation
Licensing: This advertisement (or image from an advertisement) is in the public domain because it was published in a collective work (such as a periodical issue) in the United States between 1927 and 1977 and without a copyright notice specific to the advertisement. Unless its author has been dead for several years, it is copyrighted in jurisdictions that do not apply the rule of the shorter term for US works, such as Canada (50 p.m.a.), Mainland China (50 p.m.a., not Hong Kong or Macao), Germany (70 p.m.a.), Mexico (100 p.m.a.), Switzerland (70 p.m.a.), and other countries with individual treaties.