On April 25, 2022, the Government of Canada established the Public Order Emergency Commission to inquire into the circumstances that led to the declaration of emergency that was in place from February 14-23, 2022, and the measures taken for dealing with the emergency. Justice Paul Rouleau was appointed Commissioner. [https://publicorderemergencycommission.ca/]
The inquiry, required by law, will begin October 13, 2022 and the Commission has invited the public to share their views as described at https://publicorderemergencycommission.ca/share-your-views/
This is my submission, emailed today — September 22, 2022.
To email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
To: Public Order Emergency Commission (Rouleau Commission)
Re: Sharing My View
It has been shocking and distressing to see how cavalierly leaders of this nation have treated rights and freedoms guaranteed in our Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms AND our Bill of Rights1; shocking and distressing to witness how leaders so swiftly resorted to escalated power abuse, twisting facts-on-the-ground, and refusing to meet with Canadians peacefully protesting tyrannical rules and mandates — rules and mandates that egregiously violated, not only our Charter and Bill of Rights, but
▪ the United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights2
▪ the Nuremberg Code and Principles 3
▪ foundational Common Law4
▪ The Declaration of Helsinki5
▪ the service oaths of civil servants and law enforcement,6
▪ the Emergencies Act itself7
▪ plus other provincial and federal legislation.
In addition, it has been especially shocking and distressing to witness the targeting, maligning, and oppression of flag-bearing Canadians on the pretexts of “emergency,” “safety,” and alleged concern for international confidence and reputation when it was the unjustified “emergency” actions of the Canadian government that provoked massive non-confidence in the integrity of government and the Canadian banking system.
I donated a small amount8 to the Freedom Convoy and was stunned by the fabrications put forth to “justify” freezing bank accounts. My account was not frozen, but others were. The extent that the government was prepared to go to quash and malign honest, peaceful dissent was alarming. I had flashbacks to scenes from Sinclair Lewis’, It Can’t Happen Here.9 The willingness of law enforcement to carry out unlawful orders with excessive force was also distressing. Who are we? Have our protectors become our oppressors? Will the coercion and intimidation ever end? Will our mobility rights be forever compromised despite our passport assurance of the right:
“to pass freely without delay or hindrance and [that officials are directed] to afford the bearer such assistance and protection as may be necessary”?
After witnessing the past two plus years of power abuse, capped by the “Emergencies Act,” my confidence in the integrity of government, public health, main-stream media, and law enforcement is gone. We seem to have transformed into a bully culture addicted to surveillance, coercion, intimidation, snitching, hypocrisy, blind obedience, and to the pursuit of collective control of thought, association, assembly, mobility, speech, and so forth. We have become a nation pretending to have rights and freedoms — pretending because they can be constrained or stripped away in an instant (as we have witnessed) to punish questioners of government narratives and to augment unlawful power. The concern of “what next” is now an ever-present undercurrent of daily life. With the divisive and inflammatory language of the Emergencies Act actors and supporters, what is to prevent a new Kristallnacht, except absolute condemnation and severe consequence?
I ask this Commission to investigate the possible treasonous conflict of interest of PM Trudeau and DPM Freeland as it relates to the declaration of the Emergencies Act. Where did the directive to invoke the Emergencies Act come from? Was there foreign influence? advisement? coercion? Will this Commission ask the questions that others seem afraid to ask despite clear evidence of:
1) the enthusiastic, public statement by a foreign actor that Canada’s cabinet was “penetrated” with graduates (“more than half” including PM Trudeau and DPM Freeland) of a global leadership program10 with a published agenda11 that conflicts with the interests, rights and freedoms of sovereign Canadians?
2) Deputy PM Freeland’s appointment as a trustee of the World Economic Forum12 where she is obligated to serve “as the guardian of the World Economic Forum’s mission and values.”
As you fulfill your Commission duties, please remember this historical and poli-sci truth:
“We will never understand the events of our time until we acknowledge that the obsessive pursuit and protection of power, gain, glory, and domination has plagued every age of history.”
1. ▪ https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/c-12.3/page-1.html?wbdisable=false
▪ Bill of Rights vs Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms (Druthers | Mar 5, 2022 | Time 4:25 min.) at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUNF9mTqEaw
2. ▪ https://www.un.org/en/about-us/universal-declaration-of-human-rights
3. ▪ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuremberg_Code
6. ▪ For example: Royal Canadian Mounted Police Act (R.S.C., 1985, c. R-10) (and other police oaths)
14 (1) Every member shall, before entering on the duties of the member’s office, take the oath of allegiance and the oaths set out in the schedule.
Oath of Office
I, ________________, solemnly swear that I will faithfully, diligently and impartially execute and perform the duties required of me as a member of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, and will well and truly obey and perform all lawful orders and instructions that I receive as such, without fear, favour or affection of or toward any person. So help me God.
https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/r-10/page-23.html#h-422682 (Bold emphasis added.)
7. ▪ Emergencies Act (R.S.C., 1985, c. 22 (4th Supp.))
AND WHEREAS the Governor in Council, in taking such special temporary measures, would be subject to the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms ;and the Canadian Bill of Rights and must have regard to the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights, particularly with respect to those fundamental rights that are not to be limited or abridged even in a national emergency; [Bold emphasis added.]
8. Because of government intervention in the donation process, I still do not know if my donation was received by the donee or confiscated (stolen?) by government.
10. ▪ The 2017 Malcolm H. Wiener Lecture on International Political Economy https://iop.harvard.edu/forum/strengthening-collaboration-fractured-world-featuring-special-guest-yo-yo-ma (with David Gergen). (Begin at 1:07:48) (Bold emphasis added.)
11. ▪ https://www.weforum.org/focus/the-great-reset
▪ Also listen to or read WEF Founder Klaus Schwab’s talks and books which outline WEF mission and values.
– 25 Jan 2019 – Chrystia Freeland and Fabiola Gianotti join the World Economic Forum Board of Trustees
– The Board of Trustees serves as the guardian of the World Economic Forum’s mission and values [Bold emphasis added.]|