|St. Paul’s Chapel & World Trade Center
Public Domain ~ See footnote 6 for source
If we were accused of believing in the God that George Washington and the first U. S. Congress invoked to bless the United States, following Washington’s April 30, 1789 inauguration,1 would there be enough evidence to convict us?
Perhaps the best (or worst) evidence (as the case may prove) can be found at the site of that 1789 invocation—at St. Paul’s Chapel of Trinity Church in New York City.2 Many have forgotten where that first inaugural-day prayer took place, but in 1789, St. Paul’s Chapel occupied a parcel of New York land that would eventually see the construction of neighboring twin towers—monuments to financial prowess—skyscrapers jutting into the heavens—shrines to power and gain that would tower for nearly three decades above St. Paul’s Chapel—until September 11, 2001.
As Rabbi Jonathan Cahn has observed, the “Ground Zero” of 9-11 is the same ground where the first congress and president prayed after the first inauguration. In Cahn’s déjà vu reflections, he calls this “Ground Zero” site the equivalent of Israel’s Temple Mount—a ground of consecration.3
So, beyond the King Solomon déjà vus observed by Cahn, do we see an additional one?
And [Jesus] found in the temple those that sold oxen and sheep and doves, and the changers of money sitting: And when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured out the changers’ money, and overthrew the tables; And said unto them that sold doves, Take these things hence; make not my Father’s house an house of merchandise. And his disciples remembered that it was written, The zeal of thine house hath eaten me up. (New Testament | John 2:14-17)
What does the juxtaposition of this chapel and the (former) twin towers of the World Trade Center say about us?
Does the miraculous, unscathed survival of St. Paul’s during 9-11 carry a message when one considers how that neighboring, two-headed “temple” devoted to power and gain fell so precipitously?
Does the term “Ground Zero” carry an additional message, if we would but hear?
What does the new “Freedom Tower” say about us and our concept of “freedom”?
Could the official name “One World Trade Center”4 be a foreshadowing of intentions by the powers that be(lieve in themselves and their own sufficiency)?
How many witnesses do we need to convince us that Babylon has no permanence?
Is the “One World Trade Center” just one more example of self-con as we pretend to worship The One God while our thoughts and energies are devoted to pursuing the gods of power and gain—those fickle idols of recycling boom-and-bust?5
How many witnesses before we return to our foundations—to principled-living and -working?
How many more traumas?
1. Inauguration of George Washington at Federal Hall, Wall Street, New York City ~ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Hall ; see also http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/today/apr30.html
2. St. Paul’s Chapel of Trinity Church: http://www.911memorial.org/sites/all/files/IV_Pews%20at%20St%20Pauls%20Chapel_Presentation.pdf ; see also http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/ngm/0209/st_pauls/online_extra.html ; https://www.trinitywallstreet.org/about/stpaulschapel
3. Quotes from Cahn, Jonathan. The Harbinger: The Ancient Mystery that Holds the Secret of America’s Future (Kindle Edition (2011-09-03); Charisma House.
“[St. Paul’s Chapel] stands now much as it did on April 30, 1789, when America’s first government entered through its doors. It was here that the nation’s first president, Senate, and House of Representatives bowed together in prayer to consecrate the new nation’s future into the hands of God. This is the place where the new nation was committed to the Almighty; this is America’s ground of consecration.” (Kindle Locations 3156-3159).
“Had we been there on that day of inauguration, everything over there, everything beyond that point, would have been water. But between here and the water was a field…now known as Ground Zero…a field owned by a church. Ground Zero was originally church land.” (Kindle Locations 3184-3185).
“Thus, it’s not only that America’s ground of consecration is at Ground Zero; America’s ground of consecration is Ground Zero.” (Kindle Locations 3188-3189).
4. (From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_World_Trade_Center): One World Trade Center (also known as 1 World Trade Center, One WTC and 1 WTC; the current building was dubbed the “Freedom Tower” during initial basework) refers to the main building of the new World Trade Center complex in Lower Manhattan, New York City. It is the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere, and the fourth-tallest in the world. The 104-story supertall structure shares a numeric name with the North Tower of the original World Trade Center, which was destroyed in the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001. The new skyscraper stands on the northwest corner of the 16-acre (6.5 ha) World Trade Center site, on the site of the original 6 World Trade Center. The building is bordered by West Street to the west, Vesey Street to the north,Fulton Street to the south, and Washington Street to the east.
Construction of below-ground utility relocations, footings, and foundations for the new building began on April 27, 2006. On March 30, 2009, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey confirmed that the building would be officially known by its legal name of “One World Trade Center”, rather than its colloquial name of “Freedom Tower”. The building is 104 standard floors high, but the tower has only 94 actual stories.
One World Trade Center became the tallest structure in New York City on April 30, 2012, when it surpassed the height of the Empire State Building. The tower’s steel structure was topped out on August 30, 2012. On May 10, 2013, the final component of the skyscraper’s spire was installed, making the building, including its spire, reach a total height of 1,776 feet (541 m). Its height in feet is a deliberate reference to the year when theUnited States Declaration of Independence was signed. The building opened on November 3, 2014. The new World Trade Center complex will initially include three other high-rise office buildings, which will be built along Greenwich Street, and the National September 11 Memorial & Museum, located just south of One World Trade Center, where the original Twin Towers stood. The construction of the new building is part of an effort to memorialize and rebuild following the destruction of the original World Trade Center complex. [Footnote references not included.]
5. Boom & Bust: http://www.dejavu-times.blogspot.ca/2011/04/growth-funds.html ; http://www.dejavu-times.blogspot.ca/2011/03/vast-fund-of-stupidity-recycling.html ; http://www.dejavu-times.blogspot.ca/2014/07/high-frequency-deja-vu.html .
6. St Paul’s Chapel and former twin towers, New York City; in public domain at https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Photograph_of_St._Paul%27s_Chapel_with_the_Towers_of_the_World_Trade_Center_in_the_Background_-_NARA_-_549918.jpg